Student assistant (10 hours/week)
The contract is expected to start 01.07.2019, for a period of six months (an extension is welcomed).
The aim of the project A04 is to trace globally the development of different types of health and long-term care systems and to explain the similarities and differences between systems in different countries.
- Assist with data collection and processing (quantitative and qualitative)
- Literature research
- Assistance in organising and conducting international workshops and team meetings
- Basic knowledge in qualitative and quantitative methods and data collection
- Background in social sciences with good results (BA or MA)
- Very good knowledge of English
- Knowledge of languages (especially French or Arabic)
- Knowledge of EndNote
- Interest in theoretical and empirical questions in at least one of the following areas: comparative welfare state research, international relations, international organisations and countries of the Global South
- Insights into one of the major research projects on comparative social policy study in Germany
- Collaboration in a friendly, interdisciplinary, and multicultural team
- Possibility to attend conferences and talks of the CRC and SOCIUM
- Compensation according to the usual rates for student assistants at the University of Bremen
- To write a MA or BA thesis related to the project, and to be supervised by the project team members
Please send your application with a short CV (in English), a short letter of motivation (in English) as well as a current transcript of records as a PDF document to Gabriela de Carvalho until June 05, 2019, e-mail: email@example.com. In case of questions on the job offer, please also contact Ms. De Carvalho.