Online, via Zoom
|9.30 am - 3.30 pm|
|Equality at the CRC|
Female Doctoral and Postdoctoral candidates
What are my unique abilities and interests critical in determining the right career path for me? Can I combine my ideas about a fulfilled life with a university career?
How can I develop a strategy for embarking on an academic career path?
This seminar helps to answer these – and other - questions for those who want to plan their career development strategically. It focuses on supporting experienced scientists and researchers. It offers them possibilities to reflect upon future university careers. Based on their individual profiles, participants develop ideas for their future personal and professional lives.
• You reflect upon your professional career path and develop a well-orchestrated plan
• You develop a biographically-based profile that highlights and evaluates your individual qualifications, skills and job visions
• You explore career options at university/research center
• You get information about formal and hidden requirements for careers at university with special focus on Germany
Contents in brief
• Creating your profile of skills and qualifications, highlighting your strengths and accomplishments
• Developing ideas for your own professional and private life
• Review and evaluation of personal development goals
• Next steps: application procedures and job interview
• Individual work and team work
• Visualizing methods
• Presentation and group discussion
• Individual coaching session
Individual appointments with the trainer for the coaching (45 min) will follow within two weeks after the workshop.