At the University of Bremen, the following position is available in the Collaborative Research Centre 1342's project "Pathways to Family Policy Universalism: Inclusiveness and Scope of Family Policies in Global Perspective":
Student Assistant with up to 9 hrs/week
Start date: As soon as possible. The position is temporary, a longer-term employment is intended.
The project is a part of the DFG-funded Collaborative Research Centre 1342 "Global Dynamics of Social Policy" and is directed by Prof. Sonja Drobnič.
This project is about surveying the historical development of family policy measures in all countries of the world and explaining the spread across national borders. The role of international women's movements and civil society organisations will also be considered.
- Database and literature research
- Collecting statistical data from text documents
- Editing of previously collected data
- Support in data analysis
- Interest in social policy and/or macro-comparative data and research questions
- Good level of English (other language skills are welcome)
- Experience in literature research and/or document analysis
- Independent, reliable and structured working style
- Knowledge of R (especially data management) or STATA is an advantage
Please send an applications with CV and short letter of motivation electronically as a pdf attachment to:
Dr. Tobias Böger
CRC 1342: Global Dynamics of Social Policy
Phone: +49 421 218-58586